Thursday, February 7, 2008

2 Years...

This past weekend we spent the weekend in Gettysburg. Friday night was my Dad's birthday! We also went to see MJ's brother, Ron, play basketball. They go to playoffs starting Friday night! Go Warriors!

We went shopping at the outlets and got a bunch of clothes for Madelyn for next winter! Everything was on sale and I couldn't resist! When we went back to the house I was showing everyone what I had gotten Maddie, and Braden was showing off all her clothes saying, "It's cute," and "It's for Maddie!" It was hilarious!

Sunday, February 3rd, was the anniversary of Mom's death. It was really nice to all be together on this day as we remembered Mom. It was hard remembering exactly that night two years ago and how it all played out. It was a very emotional yet special experience that I will never forget. I can't believe it has been two years already. Time has really flown by. It has been really hard lately not having my Mom around as I prepare for my first child to be born. I know that she would be so excited and anxious just as I am! She was so excited to be a Grandma! She was for 1 month when Braden was born and before she died. I just wish my children would be able to know their Grandma. I will tell my kids all about her and how awesome she was! They will know her in their hearts for sure! Braden always says when asked where Grandma is that she, "Is in the sky!"

The day my Mom died, my friend Rachel sent me these thoughts and it truely has given me peace. I want to share it with you:

"We know today that your mom is seeing God clearly now, face to face,
her view unobstructed by the haze of this life. She's missing no one.
She's lacking nothing. Her days are infinite and her heart whole. Her
tears and pain are gone. Her hope realized. Her company is a crowd of
believers that will only grow with time.

I know you miss her deeply. She's left a hole in many lives. So we
mourn that death exists, robs, surprises and perplexes. We mourn
children without a mother and a husband who'll sleep alone.

We believe God though. We know that His plan has always included your
mom's death and that it plays a key role, somehow, in bringing fame to
Himself, bringing the image of God into greater focus and putting our
lives under examination in light of our mortality. God is up to
something. Always. And He is keeping His promise to your mom tonight,
the promise of an eternal home, a lasting peace, a crown to lay at the
feet of Jesus, a place to worship and delve deeper into the vast
knowledge and love of Jesus. So we celebrate. This is not the end of
her life, merely a transition to life at it's fullest, without
boundaries and body and cares and fears. Your mom is home."

Remember that only "By His Strength" we can get through this!

2 comments:

katie lynn said...

Rachel is wise. This entry was beautiful. I loved hearing your thoughts and fears. Your mom's life and death has contributed greatly to your honesty and transparency–in the best way! I love you, Kel! How awesome it will be to share stories of Barn with Maddie"

Angela said...

thanks for sharing. i know it's been tough to not have her share your pregnancy with you. wish i could make it better!